When it comes to shoes, we used to pay a lot of money, so of course, we want them to last as long as possible. Fortunately, there are great tips for all types of shoes to keep them looking as new as possible.
Dopby has collected a few tricks and tips that are sure to help maintain the look (and smell) of your favorite sneakers.
1. Cleaning Tips
Most sneakers can be machine-washed but hand- washing is much better to keep your favorite shoes durable. If you're too busy and machine-washing is your only way, don't worry. Just keep in mind some tips below before turning on your washing machine:
- Unscrew your laces so that your washing machine can completely clean all the dirty parts of the shoes, especially the eyelets. You can put those laces into a small laundry bag and wash along with the shoes.
- Always use cold water when washing and make sure you do not overdo with detergent. Sometimes your sneakers can be easily cleaned with shampoo.
- Completely dry your sneakers before wearing to avoid odor.
2. Storing tips
Properly storing your sneakers when you don't need to wearing them is one of the best way to take care of their health and good look. The first thing you can do today is stop throwing them in a heap, where they can get dirty and deformed under the filth and weight of other shoes. It is better to store them in the box they come in, or in clear boxes that allow you to see everything inside is a good choice. Using shoe racks or benches is another way to prevent damage to your favorite shoes.
3. Avoid smelly shoes.
- Always wear socks and change socks daily to keep your shoes smell fresh.
- If the odor is not too bad, try washing your shoes and adding some deodorant like white vinegar or baking soda.
- When the smell gets worse, some deodorant sprays can make your shoes smell better in a seconds, but you should use these sprays daily to avoid the odor coming back.